Northern Kerala is sandwiched between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats. It is home to the prosperous towns of Calicut, Kannur and Wayanad. Many tourists rate the Wayanad region as the most beautiful part of Kerala state. Encompassing part of a remote forest reserve that spills into Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, Wayanad’s landscape combines epic mountain scenery, rice paddies of lush green, bamboo, ginger fields, rubber, cardamom and coffee plantations. ‘Northern Delight – Kerala’ tour covers almost favorite spots included in the northern region as well as Athirapally waterfalls located near Kochi city.
Beyond Holidays welcomes you Kerala, the God’s own country!
Upon arrival at Kochi International Airport, meet our representative and begin your ‘Northern Delight – Kerala’ tour. Board your cab and proceed to the hotel. Check-in and spend rest of the day at leisure. Stay overnight in Kochi.
On this day, have an early morning breakfast at the hotel and get ready for a long drive to Wayanad (260 kms / 7 hrs). Situated in the Western Ghats region, Wayanad is regarded as the new generation destination of Kerala. Sure to catch your fancy, Wayanad offers a lot experience in the lap of nature. On arrival, Check-in to the hotel, take rest and enjoy a peaceful sleep. Stay overnight in Wayanad.
Today, go on a full day exploration tour of Wayanad. Being an integral part of the Western ghats, Wayanad offers spectacular sights of various peaks, water streams and forests. Visit Edakkal caves, situated on the top of Ambukkuthimala. It gives a view of three states and many intriguing carvings from the stone age. Visit Pookot lake, which is surrounded by lush forests. You can enjoy a small boating here in the lake. Get back to the hotel by evening. Stay overnight in Wayanad.
On this day, after relishing your breakfast, proceed on another full day sightseeing tour of Wayanad. Visit Banasura sagar dam, which is the largest earth dam in India. In the afternoon, go to Soojippara falls, one of the major landmarks of Wayanad. Indulge yourself in the cold fresh water downside the falls. Get back to the hotel by evening. Stay overnight in Wayanad.
Post breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed to Calicut – the major trade city of North Kerala (90 kms / 2 hrs). On arrival, move to your hotel and get checked in. Afterwards, proceed for a half-day sightseeing tour, which covers Mananchira square, Marine Life Aquarium, Kozhikode beach & Kappad beach – the very place from which Vasco da Gama entered India. Get back to the hotel later and have a comfortable sleep. Stay overnight in Calicut.
On this day, check-out from the hotel and head to Athirapally (150 kms / 4 hours). Enjoy the scenic drive through the hill range, amidst thick green forest. Explore the magnificent Athirapally falls. Also visit Vazhachal falls and Sholayar dam, which is at nearby distances. Later in the evening, proceed to the hotel. Stay overnight in Athirapally.
On this day, after relishing your breakfast from the hotel, check out. Board your cab and head back to Kochi (70 kms / 2 hrs). On arrival, check-in to the hotel. Later, go on an orientation tour of Kochi covering Mattancherry Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue in Jew town. Get a glimpse of the famous Chinese fishing nets in the Fort Kochi beach. Also visit St. Francis Church - the oldest European Church in India. By evening get back to the hotel and spend the rest of day for your own activities. Stay overnight in Kochi.
After having a delicious breakfast, check-out from the hotel and get ready for your onward journey back to hometown. Get dropped to the Kochi International Airport. Tour concludes!
• The patrons are responsible to carry required documents such as photo ID cards and travel vouchers.
• The hotels mentioned in the package are indicative and can be secured upon booking only.
• In case, the hotels mentioned in the package is not available at the time of booking, similar category hotels will be provided and the same will be notified.
• Cost of optional tours and activities are excluded from the package price unless mentioned in the itinerary.
• Tours are subjected to weather or political conditions at the place concerned. In case any sightseeing tour is cancelled, alternate shall be provided.
• The time and distances mentioned in the itinerary are approximate, which is meant for understanding of the package. The actual travel time depends on road and traffic conditions.
• Beyond Holidays will not be responsible for any kind of losses suffered due to missing of flights or other modes of public transports.