Northeast India, the land of hills and plains with splendid greens, has its own charm that will sweep you off your feet. Explore Northeast and loose yourself in its charismatic magic. Experience beyond.
Beyond Holidays welcomes you to Northeast India, the land of hills and plains with splendid greens. Upon arrival at Bagdogra Airport (IXB), get received by our representative. Make your transfer to Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim (135 Kms / 5 Hours). Standing tall at a height of 1670 meters, and renowned as the land of monastery, Gangtok suits all from tranquility to adventure, mystic rituals and festivals. Check-in to the hotel on arrival. Spend rest of the day at leisure. You can spend the evening at M G Road (Mall) just to roam around shopping or to experiment on some local cuisines. Later come back to the hotel and have a peaceful sleep. Stay overnight in Gangtok.
Today, after having your breakfast at the hotel, go on a full day excursion to Tsomgo lake & Baba Mandir. The oval shaped lake Tsomgo, nearly 50 feet deep, is generally covered with snow for most of the year. This lake is home to the Brahmini ducks & many migratory birds. The sacred Baba Mandir known to be a very holy site for all, is situated near to Tsomgo. Nathula Pass to Republic of China is nearly 20 Kms away from these points. By evening, get back to your hotel and relax. Stay overnight in Gangtok.
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed on a drive visiting Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom, Do Drul Chorten (Stupa), Enchey Monastery, White Hall, Flower Show etc. Post lunch, continue to Darjeeling, a city which served as the summer capital of the East India Company (100 Kms / 3.5 Hours). Situated at a height of 2123 meters, lies the land of breathtaking beauty, sloping tea gardens with spectacular views of the Mount Everest. Darjeeling is also home to the famous World Heritage train – The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR), Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) etc. Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel. You can spend the rest of the day for activities of your own. Stay overnight in Darjeeling.
On this day, wake up early in the morning, at around 3:45 AM and drive to a height of 2590 meters through primitive forests of Oak & Magnolia. Reach the top view point of Tiger Hill to catch sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak (subject to clear weather). On the way back, visit Ghoom Monastery, Peace memorial & Batasia Loop. Later get back to the hotel and refresh. After having a leisurely breakfast, check out and go on touring rest of the city. This excursion covers Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursdays), Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tea Estate, Peace Pagoda etc. By late evening, get back to your hotel and have a good night's sleep. Stay overnight in Darjeeling.
On this day, have a leisurely breakfast at your hotel, check-out and bid farewell to a magnificent Northeast trip. Proceed to Bagdogra for your return flight. Get dropped to the airport in time with the return flight schedule. Services conclude!
• The patrons are responsible to carry required documents such as photo ID cards and travel vouchers.
• The hotels mentioned in the package are indicative and can be secured upon booking only.
• In case, the hotels mentioned in the package is not available at the time of booking, similar category hotels will be provided and the same will be notified.
• Cost of optional tours and activities are excluded from the package price unless mentioned in the itinerary.
• Tours are subjected to weather or political conditions at the place concerned. In case any sightseeing tour is cancelled, alternate shall be provided.
• The time and distances mentioned in the itinerary are approximate, which is meant for understanding of the package. The actual travel time depends on road and traffic conditions.
• Beyond Holidays will not be responsible for any kind of losses suffered due to missing of flights or other modes of public transports.